Partner category :Legal / IP protection |
ROBIC, LLP. is an internationally renowned firm of professionals including lawyers, scientists and engineers specializing in Intellectual Property and Business Law. We provide dynamic and entrepreneurial representation to clients in managing all aspects of their intellectual capital.
We are recognized by our peers as a benchmark provider of legal services related to the protection, enforcement and commercialization of intellectual property rights and other intangible assets. We have successfully built upon our historical expertise in the field of Intellectual Property to offer fully integrated Business Law services.
ROBIC is home to some of Canada’s most prolific and reputable lawyers and intellectual property counsel. Our team is composed of dedicated professionals, well-known and highly respected by their colleagues, by the Courts and Government agencies before which they practice. Our enduring success and enviable reputation is in large part the result of our ongoing focus on addressing our clients’ needs.
ROBIC is a full-service IP boutique whose primary purpose is to service its clients’ needs in the fields of Intellectual Property and Business Law. Our mission is to advise our clients in knowledge-based and IP-intensive industries on how to gain and maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace through the effective development, management, protection, and commercialisation of their innovation and the enforcement of their proprietary rights.
- Patents and Industrial Designs: drafting and prosecution of patent applications and industrial design applications in several scientific fields, including but not limited to microelectronics, industrial process, software engineering and telecommunications.
- Trademarks: prosecution of trademark applications in Canada and throughout the world, opinions with respect to the registrability and availability of trademarks.
- Litigation: representing our clients before the Federal Court of Canada, the Quebec provincial courts, and the Supreme Court of Canada, as well as before many specialized administrative tribunals. In addition to the enforcement of the more traditional rights resulting from patents, trademarks and copyrights, our litigation lawyers also assist our clients with civil and commercial proceedings dealing with issues related to technologies, confidentiality, trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Copyright: assisting our clients in prosecuting copyright registrations, conducting title searches, and negotiating and drafting agreements related to the commercialisation of copyright.
- Business Law: advising clients regarding technology transfers, license grants, mergers and acquisitions, structuring of consortiums and joint-ventures, financing transactions and research and development, collaboration projects, and due diligence verifications.