Here is the job for you!
Process Technician – Assembly division
Deadline: Friday, March 15th 2024
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Process Technician – Assembly division will be responsible for supporting the C2MI team of professionals in the assembly of prototypes using state-of-the-art equipment. Training will be provided to understand the various steps critical to the assembly process, as well as integrating a fundamental understanding of the equipment available. Programming and operating high-precision robotic equipment to perform bonding, soldering and complex assembly processes on high-tech products will be part of the tasks. Dimensional, electrical and mechanical verification of prototypes is also an integral part of the job. He or she will also be involved in monitoring product quality and drafting the reports needed to finalize mandates.
• Participate in the development of process recipes based on customer requests
• Learn, program and use the various equipment to carry out the work required.
• Carry out development tests to determine the capability of equipment and processes.
• Gather, compile and analyze data needed to validate product quality and support
technical report writing.
• Propose and implement changes to manufacturing processes to improve quality,
reduce project turnaround times or cut costs for customers.
• Support the technical team in planning and scheduling requests, keeping in mind customer requirements
and promised dates.
• Participate in the organization’s regular production and quality reviews.
• Take on any other task assigned by his/her immediate superior in his/her area of expertise.
• College diploma related to mechanics or physics (mechanical engineering, engineering physics,
programmable electronics and robotics, instrumentation, control and robotics).
• Functional English and French, spoken and written
• Ability and curiosity to learn different equipment programming methods
• Ability to find and communicate new ideas for improvement
• Desire to work in a context of creativity, novelty and frequent change
• Experience in a microsystems or manufacturing plant (an asset)
• Knowledge of quality management techniques
• Logistics, scheduling and priority management skills
• Aptitudes for teamwork
• Leadership and autonomy
WHY JOIN C2MI ?
• Permanent, full-time employment with flexible hours*.
• Competitive employee benefits, fully employer-paid group insurance and access to an employee assistance program
• Development/pre-marketing work environment in a cutting-edge field
• Teleworking policy available, self-financed leave accessible and years of experience recognized upon hiring;
• Training and training-related expenses paid at 100% and career development plan updated annually;
• Reimbursement of professional contributions
• Quarterly meetings with management
• Block of 4 hours of paid volunteer work per year in our community (https://www.c2mi.ca/en/about/our-social-implications/)
• Social Committee, OHS Committee and Environment Committee
*depending on position held