Here is the job for you!
Company: MiQro Innovation Collaborative Centre
Deadline: Friday, June 15th 2018
C2MI is an international centre for collaboration and innovation in the field of MEMS manufacturing and packaging of complex systems (Advanced Packaging). It is the essential link between applied research and the commercialization of microelectronics products.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for assisting the Director and other senior executives in the growth of C2MI’s activities in Quebec and Canada with respect to its service offering for the following items:
- Support services for the development of MEMS products or encapsulation of microelectronic chips;
- Analytical laboratory services offered to the electronics and microelectronics industry in Quebec and Canada;
- Financial marketing support to enable the creation of wealth in Canada and the growth of members within the C2MI ecosystem;
- Creating opportunities for Marketing Partners supporting all of our members;
- Development of new niches in high-growth areas of interest (i.e. Artificial Intelligence, Innovative Manufacturing, Internet of Things, etc.).
The controller will have to ensure that the company’s accounts meet the required standards (NPO) and that the financial soundness of the company is satisfactory in the long term. He will proactively analyze the strategic development of the department with the director and anticipate the needs of management and employees.
- Strictly control the complete accounting cycle including payables and receivables;
- Produce financial statements and management reports, while ensuring the smooth running of end-of-month and end-of-year processes.
- Provide cash management and follow-up as planned.
- Conduct budget tracking with Operations, Procurement, Communications and Business Development Departments
- Define and ensure compliance with procedures for risk management, internal controls and improvement of processes and information tools.
- Participate in the analysis of needs related to the implementation of new systems and its implementation
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and recommend appropriate action.
- Pilot various special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in administration (accounting) or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Hold the CPA designation
- Teamwork skills
- Experience in the high-technology manufacturing environment (an asset)
- Organizational sense
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to analyze (synthesis and analysis skills)
- Ability to manage risks
- Ethical sense developed / rigour
- Proficient in Office Tools and Accounting Software ACOMBAX, GEF AcombaX
- Bilingual (French and English) in writing and spoken
Competitive conditions and advantages
- Permanent position. Full-time.
- Variable salary according to experience.
- Benefits program.