Here is the job for you!
Post-doctoral Research Opportunities at C2MI with Teledyne DALSA
Company: Teledyne DALSA semiconductor Inc.
Deadline: Friday, May 12th 2017
Innovative microfabrication processes and materials for next generation MEMS
We are currently seeking three (3) candidates to develop new and advanced Through-Silicon-Vias (TSV) in fabricationprocesses for next generation MEMS and Wafer-Level Packaging approaches.
Context: With the advent of wireless sensors for the Internet of Things and low power consumption electronics for portable devices, next generation microelectronics will benefit from advanced materials and microfabrication processes.These applications are currently limited by power and integration. Efficient MEMS sensors and RF circuits are needed
to reduce power consumption of wireless sensors nodes. Cost-effective and compact wireless sensors or portable electronics also require wafer-level packaging and integration approaches. Through-Silicon-Vias (TSV) are an essential part for these systems and still present major challenges in terms of process integration and material mismatch
(thermomechanical, chemical, etc.)
Project Description: The three (3) selected candidates will work directly with Teledyne DALSA’s process technology development team in Bromont (Québec) and in close collaboration with C2MI, Université de Sherbrooke to develop an innovative TSV manufacturing process for next generation MEMS as well as advanced vacuum wafer-level integration of CMOS and MEMS devices. The objectives include:
- Development of polymer insulated TSVs in collaboration with Teledyne DALSA and using the 200 mm wafer
tools located at C2MI.
- Integration of these TSVs in collaboration with Teledyne DALSA in MEMS process flows
- Integration of these TSVs in collaboration with Teledyne DALSA in a post-CMOS process flow.
- Study of the reliability of these TSVs.
- Device and material characterisation at Teledyne DALSA, Université de Sherbrooke and in other research centers in Québec.
- Teledyne DALSA Semiconductor Inc. (www.teledynedalsa.com/semi/) – World class pure-play MEMS foundry, as well as HV-CMOS and advanced CCD provider, with an extensive portfolio of microfabrication processes and materials used to manufacture most types of MEMS on the market.
- Centre de Collaboration MiQro Innovation – C2MI (www.c2mi.ca) – A new, purpose built R&D centre for MEMS and advanced packaging with state of the art 200 mm, production worthy tools, focused on bridging the gap from leading edge research to high volume commercial production.
- Université de Sherbrooke – Interdisciplinary Institute for Technological Innovation – 3IT (www.3it.ca) – As a leading micro-nanotechnology institute in Canada, the 3IT’s research activities range from the nanomaterials to the applications, in the areas of nanoelectronics, optoelectronics, and MEMS.
Profile of candidates: The candidates should have obtained a Ph.D. (or obtain it soon) in the areas of material science, micro-nanotechnologies, or related fields within the past 4 years. In-depth knowledge of materials and processes typically used in cleanroom microfabrication as well as relevant cleanroom experience are required. They should have
demonstrated autonomy, adaptability, the ability for team work and being pro-active. The candidates should have good language skills in English and/or in French.
To submit your application, please send your detailed CV + letter of motivation + letters of recommendation + samples of publications (or thesis) by email to the addresses below.
Start date: As soon as candidates are available; positions open until exceptional candidates are identified.