Here is the job for you!
Processes and Equipment Support – microelectronics assembly, development line
Company: MiQro Innovation Collaborative Center
Deadline: Friday, May 5th 2017
The MiQro Innovation Collaborative Center is an international reference for scientific research and experimental development in advanced packaging and complex microsystems verification, embedded systems, 3D design and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). C2MI is a Centre of Excellence in Commercialization and Research (CECR), the Center allows market driven prototypes production in application areas as diverse as computing, automotive, aerospace, environment and health. The Centre is a unique and essential link between fundamental/applied researches and industrial needs. This link serves as the critical base to accelerate technological transfer required to reach new product commercialization.
Located in Bromont Scientific Park, C2MI is an essential link in the microelectronics ecosystem of the north-east of the continent, which is one of the most important poles in the world. The C2MI serves as an interface between academic and industrial research and the manufacture of complex microsystems. This is a unique opportunity for network between academic and industrial researchers.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Processes and Equipment support will be responsible for setting up and developing the processes around a sector of the development line, ensuring its smooth operation and Work on specific projects led by C2MI partners in the same sector.
- Start up the equipment, ensure its proper functioning and develop a basic process around the various manufacturing tools.
- Customize / modify the equipment to suit the needs of a specific product.
- Assemble prototypes and ensure quality.
- Work with employees of other companies who will have to use the same tools to ensure a common need and develop a process that meets the needs of all.
- Ensure that the basic process is robust and meets typical industry requirements.
- To work on projects and development mandates given by the companies and institutions members of the C2MI on the equipment through which the expertise has been developed. Receive client requests, conduct feasibility studies, evaluate costs and participate in the drafting of the submission
- Develop a strategy to improve the equipment under its responsibility in order to monitor the technological current of potential applications.
- Assume any other duties assigned by his supervisor in his field of competence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Physical Engineering. (A technical degree with relevant experience in the field will be considered).
- Experience on automated equipment for the manufacturing of electronic components: wafer cutting, placing of components, packaging etc.
- Experience in equipment modification, technical drawing (Solidwork)
- Experience in card attachment processes (asset)
- Experience in optics / photonics (asset)
- Technical project management
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Self-help, initiative and autonomy
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Good analytical mind “troubleshooting”
- Experience in a manufacturing environment